|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
||CONTACT: PRESS SECRETARY
|(New Orleans, LA) – The Log Cabin Republicans National Board of Directors convened in New Orleans over the weekend, voting to add new members of the Board and for a new slate of officers.
“At this critical time, it is important that the Log Cabin Republicans have strong, capable leadership. I congratulate our new officers, and am proud to welcome onboard our new members of the National Board of Directors, and look forward to continuing the mission of Log Cabin Republicans to build a stronger, more inclusive GOP,” said Log Cabin Republicans Executive Director, R. Clarke Cooper.Elected as officers were:
- Peter Bertelsen, Monterey, CA, Chairman
- Jerry Katlin, Kansas City, KS, Vice Chairman
- Jamie Ensley, Atlanta, GA, Treasurer
- Mark Knief, Minneapolis, MN, Secretary
- Terry Hamilton, Pasadena, CA, Chairman Emeritus.
Newly Elected to the Board are:
- Michael Carr, Denver, CO
- Mario Castillo, San Angelo, TX
- Michael Sorrell, Las Vegas, NV
Log Cabin Republicans is the only Republican organization dedicated to representing the interests of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans and their allies. The more than 30-year old organization has state and local chapters nationwide, a full-time office in Washington, DC, a federal political action committee and state political action committees.