Log Cabin Republicans, the nation’s largest organization of Republicans who support fairness, freedom, and equality for gay and lesbian Americans is holding its 2011 National Convention, in coordination with the Liberty Education Forum’s National Symposium.WHO:
- Alan Kittleman, State Senator (R, MD)
- Alex Nicholson, Executive Director, Servicemembers United
- Audra Shay, Executive Director, Project GOPink
- Bob Barr, Former Congressman (R, GA)
- Bob Kabel, Chairman, DC GOP
- Chuck Wolfe, Executive Director, Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund
- Dan Woods, Partner, White & Case
- Dan Zwonitzer, State Representative (R, WY)
- Dave Nalle, National Chairman, Republican Liberty Caucus
- David Lampo, Political Director, LCR Virginia
- Evan Wolfson, Freedom to Marry
- Fred Karger, presidential candidate
- Jeff Cook, Allegiance Strategies
- Kristen Silverberg, Former Ambassador to the European Union
- Len Olds, Chairman Emeritus, Liberty Education Forum
- Lupe Valdez, Dallas County Sheriff
- Mark Groombridge, United Against a Nuclear Iran
- Meg Ten Eyck, Education Manager, The Trevor Project
- Mike Gin, Mayor of Redondo Beach and candidate for Congress
- Mitchell Gold, Founder, Faith in America
- Ned Farr, Director, “A Marine Story”
- Richard Grenell, Former Communications Director to the U.S. mission to the United Nations
- Richard Tisiei, former State Senator (R, MA)
- Roy Ashburn, former State Senator (R, CA)
- S. E. Cupp, Conservative political commentator
- Sarah Longwell, Berman & Co.
- Scott Schmidt, President, LCR Los Angeles
2201 Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX, 75207
April 28 – May 1, 2011
Friday, April 29
9:00 am- 9:45 am
Reagan’s 80-20 Rule: Building new coalitions in our common goal of creating a stronger, more inclusive Republican Party. (Sarah Longwell, and Audra Shay, Dave Nalle)
10:15 am-11:00 am
Ending ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.’ An inside look at Log Cabin Republicans’ legal and legislative challenges to ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ (Dan Woods, R. Clarke Cooper, Alex Nicholson)
Issues Around The Corner. Priorities being tackled by state and local leaders. (Jeff Cook, David Lampo, Evan Wolfson, State Rep. Dan Zwonitzer)
Log Cabin Republicans National Luncheon with remarks by Senator Richard Tisei & Senator Allan Kittleman, with recorded greeting by Congressman Pete Sessions. Introductions provided by Chuck Wolfe of the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund, Evan Wolfson of Freedom to Marry, and R. Clarke Cooper of Log Cabin Republicans.
2:15 pm-3:15 pm
Foreign Policy Discussion. An in-depth look at global hot spots with leading foreign policy experts (Richard Grenell and Amb. Kristin Silverberg).
3:20 pm-4:15 pm
On the inside: Leading as Republicans. (Sen. Roy Ashburn, Scott Schmidt, DC Republican Party Chairman Bob Kabel, Presidential Candidate Fred Karger)
Saturday, April 30
9:30 am- 10:25 am
No Longer In Silence, Where We Are in 2011. A discussion of past Liberty Education Forum programs and looking forward to programs for 2011.
10:50am – 11:45am
Faith in America. Mitchell Gold speaks about his organization and book, “Crisis: 40 Stories of Growing Up Gay in America.”
11:55am – 12:55pm
Liberty Education Forum Luncheon featuring Evan Wolfson of Freedom to Marry and Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez.
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Film Screening: A Marine Story Followed by Q&A with Film Director Ned Farr
3:15 pm- 4:00 pm
It Gets Better. Overcoming bullying and discrimination with Meg Ten Eyck of the Trevor Project.
Log Cabin Republicans National Dinner with remarks by S.E. Cupp & Congressman Bob Barr and recorded greeting by Senator Norm Coleman.
Remember, today is the last day to register for the National Convention! Registration for the LCR PAC Reception and the Log Cabin Republicans National Dinner close April 28th. Click here to register now!